Chevaliers Pleased With Start Of Preseason

Free Discourse
GM Hockin

Chevaliers Pleased With Start Of Preseason

Postby GM Hockin » Sun May 27, 2018 1:50 pm

With five of their eight preseason games in the books, the Montreal Chevaliers have seemed to have found a few things that are working for them. At a 4-1 record, the Chevaliers sit a top the Jim Beam conference. The team's most recent win was a 6-1 at home against the Toronto Mounties. Patric Hornqvist lead the way with two goals and two assists while Mikhail Grabovski and Tyler Seguin each had a three point night.

"Patric and I seem to have found something and we're just feeling out the processso far. But things have been great and were excited for the season to start." Captain Seguin said.

Hornqvist sits tied for 3rd in league scoring with 8 goals and 7 assists in five preseason games. Seguin, sits 7th, with 13 points although he sat out one preseason game.

"Lining up with those two has made my job easy. Those guys can go out and produce and I make sure nothing gets turn around the other way. It doesnt hurt when you have Carey Price in net either." Ryan Jones said.

Price, is 3-0 in preseason play. Matt Hackett and Curtis McElhinney each received a start in the battle for the backup job but Price has been solid as the #1 guy. With a 1.67GAA and .932SV%, Price sits 7th and 5th respectively in those stat categories around the league.

The big news circling Montreal has been the rumours around Jason Pominville. Pominville, who is both a capable point producer as well as a penalty killing guy, can serve many roles on the team. Five different teams in the league have shown interest with a couple soft offers being put on the table. With three years on his deal, he's locked up for any team that might be interested.

"Were not rushing to move him. But we know we need help on our left wing. Our blueline isnt the most stable. Our bottom six could be stronger. We can always add future assets. But we dont need to move Jason just to move Jason. We can wait if nothing blows us away. He's been a great fit on this team." said GM Hockin.

Montreal has a couple road games in the preseason against Ottawa and Quebec before a couple days off then finishing the preseason against Kingston.