Long live the Kings!

Free Discourse
Kings GM

Long live the Kings!

Postby Kings GM » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:15 pm

The Stockholm Kings are gearing up for the upcoming season as unproven rookie GM Juuso Tamminen is trying to figure out where his team is going.

”The core of our roster is stacked with incredible talent but I don’t know if sufficient support is there. I have no slightest idea if we are a contender or just a pretender this year. Take a look at our wingers and defense. We’re going to get crushed unless our Swedish dinosaurs (i.e. Kronwall and Alfredsson) can carry us big time. I’m really looking for trades that can help us for years to come. Some kings are going to be gone...and forgotten” declared Tamminen and released a long list of players who are available: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0zzlz7ze71qm ... k.txt?dl=0

The Kings lost a beloved member of their family when Steve Montador passed away a few years ago. Tamminen believes the team can turn this tragedy into strength: ”Steve was a great guy and he had a positive effect in our locker room. I’m sure the team is committed to play for his honor.”

But which teams are the main opponents for the Kings this year? ”All of them. Our idealogy is to win every time we play. That’s the Swedish way. Stockholm obviously is the King in the North! Especially our nordic rivals Nighthawks and Blizzard should be afraid of us. Keep your head up or get kronwalled!”

This kind of nonsense kept coming out of GM Tamminen’s mouth for a long time during the press conference. Maybe coach Bylsma is able to salvage something from this wreckage?
Kings GM

Re: Long live the Kings!

Postby Kings GM » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:46 pm

"Vad i helvete?" asked Jamie McBain after being dealt to San Diego Wolves. "This is insane. Your GM releases a trade block list and deals away a guy who's not on that list. Get me to Arlanda now!"

GM Tamminen didn't mind about the reaction: "I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to build a dynasty. If I wish to trade Jamie, I'm gonna do it. This is business babe! The pick upgrade could be huge for us and Mark Fayne is a beast who can't skate. Skål to that!"
Galaxy

Postby Galaxy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:23 pm

:lol:
Kings GM

Postby Kings GM » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:17 pm

Kings announce project “Egna pojkar”.

It’s been quiet around the league lately but GM Tamminen decided to break the silence after the Kings morning skate:

“Our latest trade was simply amazing but I have also a lot of thoughts on what to do next. For me it’s pretty clear that we need more Swedish players in our roster. We have lost too many talents to North America and elsewhere. It’s time to correct the course and bring our boys back home. I urge other teams to inform if any of their Swedish-born players are available on market prices.”

Seems like Tamminen is limiting his options voluntarily:

“No, no, that’s not the case. This will be a longtime project and I’m not gonna force anything. The future of this great franchise is my top priority. No assets will be traded unless the deal fits in our scheme.”